• This web page celebrates the 50th Anniversary of the launch of the Rover P6 2000 in October 1963, with a focus on Rover Owners Club Members’ cars.
Above: Brochure covers from early to mid 1960’s Rover 2000 Brochures.
The Rover Three Thousand Five brochure cover is from 1968-1970.
• The Rover 2000 was officially launched on 14 August 1964 at Grenville Motors Head Office Showrooms, 177 William Street, Sydney, New South Wales.
• Sales commenced in Australia in early 1965.
• The official launch was reported in the Grenville Motors ‘LNC News’. Acknowledgement and thanks are given to Grahame Jones, former Sales Manager at Grenville Motors, for the launch and sales information, together with the provision of a copy of the launch article, which appears below.
Above: New South Wales Rover & Land Rover Importer & Distributor Grenville Motors rear window sticker from the 1950’s & 1960’s era.
Above: Rover 2000 & Three Thousand Five advertisements from the 1960’s Sydney, New South Wales daily newspapers.
• Download | Rover 2000 Ad circa 1965 PDF
• Download | Rover 2000 Ad Rover Australia 17-6-1968 PDF
• Download | Rover Three Thousand Five P6B Ad June 1970 PDF
Above: two views of the Webmaster’s former 1966 Rover 2000SC, at Bowral NSW, 20/3/1976 and Mittagong NSW, 18/9/1976, in company with a 1968 Rover 2000SC Automatic.
Below: several brochures were issued by The Rover Company to coincide with the launch of the Rover 2000. The example here, Publication No. 646 was issued in 1964; it is a small format, fold-out brochure. You can view the brochure by clicking on to the download link.
Download | Rover 2000 Brochure Publication 646 PDF
Below left: Rover 2000 advertisement from Autosport magazine, 18 October 1963.
Below right: Rover 2000 advertisement celebrating the successful completion of the 1965 Monte Carlo Rally, Autocar magazine, 16 February 1965.
Below: Rover Australia advertisement for the Rover 2000 in Modern Motor magazine, March 1967.
• Download | Rover 2000 Rover Australia Ad March 1967 PDF
Rover Owners Club Inc. New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory
Rover P6 50th Anniversary Members Cars Feature
Below: 1966 Rover 2000SC, Black Mountain Peninsula, Canberra ACT, 1/10/2006.
Below: 1969 Rover 2000TC, Exeter NSW, 27/4/2013.
Below: 1966 Rover 2000SC Automatic, Mt Annan NSW, 18/4/2004.
Below: 1968 Rover Three Thousand Five, Parramatta NSW, 21/8/2005.
Below: 1970 Rover Three Thousand Five, Bungendore NSW, 30/9/2006.
Below: 1972 Rover 2000SC, Parramatta NSW, 21/8/2005.
Below: 1974 Rover 2200TC, Canberra ACT, 30/9/2006.
Below: 1974 Rover 3500S, Faulconbridge NSW, 5/4/2003.
Below: 1973 Rover 3500S, Parramatta NSW, 21/8/2005.
Below: 1976 Rover 3500, Black Mountain Peninsula, Canberra ACT, 1/10/2006.
Below: 1974 Rover 3500 near Newbridge NSW, 2012.
Below: 1975 Rover 2200TC, Sweden, 4/7/2004.
Below: 1971 Rover 3500, Forrest ACT, 25/3/2001.
Below: 1973 Rover 3500S, Canberra Region, 11/11/2012.
Below: 1973 Rover 3500S, Canberra ACT, 22/3/2009.
Below: 1973 Rover 3500S, Wildes Meadow NSW, 8/10/2005.
Below: 1975 Rover 3500, Mittagong NSW, 27/4/2013.
Below: 1973 Rover 2000TC, Thirlmere NSW, 20/3/1976.
Below: 1973 Rover 3500S at the All British Day, The Kings School, Parramatta NSW, 25/8/2013.
Below: 1974 Rover 3500, Rover Owners Club Display Day, Mittagong, 13/10/2013.
Below: 1972 Rover 3500S, All British Day, The Kings School, Parramatta NSW, 25/8/2013.
Below: 1974 Rover 3500, All British Day, The Kings School, Parramatta NSW, 25/8/2013.
Below: 1972 Rover 2000TC, All British Day, The Kings School, Parramatta NSW, 25/8/2013.
Below: 1975 Rover 2200TC, Sweden, 3/7/2013.
• A comprehensive website devoted to the Australian Market Rover P6 & P6B is also maintained by the ROC Webmaster. It can be accessed by clicking on to this Link:
Rover P6 Australia Website
• You can toggle between the two websites by using the back & forward buttons on your web browser.
• Below: a large format Rover P6 50th Anniversary banner was designed by ROC member Mark Nelson. The banner was unveiled at the Shannons Eastern Creek Classic Display Day on Sunday 18 August 2013, and was a feature at Rover Owners Club events from August to December 2013.