For Sale and Wanteds
The Rover Owners Club Inc. Classifieds only acts as a venue for sellers to list cars and parts and buyers to purchase cars and parts. We are not involved in any transaction between buyers and sellers. We have no control over the quality, or safety of the items advertised, the accuracy of the ads, the ability of owners to sell items or the ability of buyers to buy items. The advertisement details are based on information supplied by the advertiser and are presented in good faith. While every effort is made to be accurate, we give no undertaking that the details are correct.
Please Note: The Motor Car Trader Regulation 1998 – Regulation 22(4) provides that the following information must be included in every advertisement for the private sale of used cars:
• Cash Price of Vehicle;
• If registered, the registration number;
• If unregistered, the engine number;
• For cars with Club Registration the chassis number must be shown and not the Club Registration Number.
• All Advertisement Listings: Free, no charge
• Scroll down for current listings.
• Click on any photo to open a larger on-screen image. Click your back button to return to the main screen.
• Additional Classifieds information can be found in the current issue of RoverNET, click here | RoverNET
As some assistance to Rover buyers here are Links to other State Rover Club’s classifieds pages:
Rover Car Club of Australia (Victoria & Tasmania): http://rovercarclubaust.asn.au/car-mart/
Rover P4 Drivers Guild: https://roverp4guildaustralia.wordpress.com/
Rover Car Club of South Australia:
FOR SALE | 1963 ROVER 3 LITRE MK2 COUPE
• 1963 Rover 3 Litre Mk2 Coupé
I am selling my fully imported 1963 P5 Mk2 Rover 3 Litre Coupé after having enjoyed it for the past sixty years.
My reason for selling is that my Rover needs a new, younger, owner who will continue to look after it for another sixty years.
The body paintwork, carpets and internal leather have all been renewed with matching and original British material.
The 129hp 2995cc 6 cylinder engine has been renewed, and all service and spare parts have been carefully documented over the years.
The Rover has been my working car in Melbourne and Sydney, and is now enjoying its retirement phase on the Sunshine Coast.
All insurances and registration is up to date.
All service manuals are in order and available.
The Rover is presently garaged on the Sunshine Coast and any inspection would be welcomed.
Delivery can be immediate.
• Contact | Neil Reid | email | [email protected]
Phone | 07 5446 6565
FOR SALE | 1989 ROVER 416I VITESSE AUTOMATIC
Owned by one family through four generations.
Genuine 128,000 km.
Registration expired Sept 2019.
Now 30yo, so should be registrable as a historic vehicle in ACT and NSW.
Some bumper bar damage. Leaks steering fluid so that needs work for registration.
Otherwise, engine starts easily. Not quick but stylish and seeks a good home.
• Location | Red Hill ACT
• Rego no ACT YHQ 84Y
• VIN JHMDA18500S201029
• Asking price | $1,500 ONO
• Contact | Eric Pozza | Mobile | 0403 761 371
email | [email protected]
FOR SALE | 1948 ROVER P3 75 SIX LIGHT
• 1948 Rover P3 75 Six Light
• Chassis Number | R8412356
• Engine Number | 8413691NC
• Club Plate Number | 78992H (Not Transferrable)
A very comfortable and reliable Rally Car- In very good condition overall.
Restored some years ago and continuously maintained and improved since.
Fitted with P4 Cylinder head and twin SU Carburetors.
Red pin stripe added since photos taken
• Asking Price | $17,950
• Car is located in Bathurst
• Contact | Allan Aylwood | Email | [email protected]
Mobile | 0413 622 597
FOR SALE | 1970 ROVER THREE THOUSAND FIVE P6B
• 1970 Rover Three Thousand Five P6B
• VIN / Chassis Number: 42601063F
• Engine Number: 42516182C
Last registered and driven in 2002 and has been sitting idle since, although it was started a few years later, just in and out of the garage.
There are now a fair few rust spots and I think that will be the biggest time consumer in any restoration.
The mechanics will probably recover fairly quickly in the hands of a competent mechanic.
Best offer will take it away.
It will require a flatbed truck or car trailer to relocate the vehicle.
• Location | Forster NSW 2428.
• Contact | David Chapman | Mobile | 0406 997 718
Email | [email protected]
FOR SALE | 2005 ROVER R40 75 V8 CONNOISSEUR
• 2005 Rover R40 75 V8 Connoisseur
• New South Wales Registration | CL 04 SB
Registered until March 2020
There are only 2 Rover 75 V8s in Australia. Less than 150 were built before MG Rover went into receivership.
This car has about 146,000 km on the clock and is a beautiful metallic Royal Blue in colour. The Rover 75 V8 has a factory fitted Ford Mustang V8 of 4.6 litres pushing it. Unlike the Rover 75 V6, it is rear wheel drive.
The transmission is automatic.
This is probably the only Rover 75 V8 or MG ZT V8 in the world that has had it’s air conditioning system properly sorted. Stuart Ratcliffe of the MG centre did this job for me. Not only has the original poor air conditioning design been sorted out, it also has a new compressor. The heating / air conditioning is as good as it is going to get.
The total amount of money spent on this was about $4,000.
The car has a new alternator and battery.
It is in use at least once a week and sometimes twice. It has always been kept under cover.
A GPS is part of the sound system.
Surprisingly the car handles like a sports car but rides like the luxury car that it is.
The upholstery is in excellent condition and the head lining is new.
There is a paint blemish on the roof. No car is perfect.
I am selling this car with considerable reluctance.
In the 2 1/2 years I have owned this car I have only put about 4,500 km on it. Someone should use it more and use the considerable power it has to offer. It is my hope that this car stays in New South Wales and that a club member buys it who will appreciate it and cherish it. Therefore, the Rover 75 V8 is being advertised in the club magazine first so that members may have a temporary advantage over others who may wish to purchase it.
• Price | $29,000
• Contact | Paul Corey | Phone | 02 9871 7647
FOR SALE | 1951 ROVER P4 75 CYCLOPS
• 1951 Rover 75 Saloon
I am reluctantly offering “The Cyclops” for sale, after 47 years of ownership. This was my first car. I have a full history of the car from new, having met three of the previous four owners. I have log books and a full service history for the past 47 years, including receipts.
The history of this car has been well documented over the past several decades in Freewheeling. In the past few years, I have carried out significant restoration, including a back-to-bare-metal respray in acrylic lacquer and a rebore / line bore with new pistons, rings and bearings. The car has always been garaged and, though not a concours car, it had been well maintained.
• six-cylinder engine rebored, new bearings about 3000 miles ago
• four-speed gearbox with freewheel but no syncromesh on 1st or 2nd, rebuilt with new parts by Ian Coupland a few years ago
• 3.9 (3 Litre) diff (though the original 4.3 diff is in good condition)
• Four-wheel hydraulic brakes
• Good upholstery (Jaguar vinyl)
• Excellent chrome
• Good tyres (cross-ply 6.70 x 15”)
• Sold on full registration which expires 22nd February 2020
• Original registration number ADX-455
• Extensive collection of new and used spares will accompany the car.
• Price | asking $8,500.
The car could be driven interstate but it is a long trip at 80 km/h.
• Contact Jim Moule on mobile | 0490 388 470 or (02) 9542 1967 email | [email protected]
FOR SALE | 1950 ROVER P4 75 CYCLOPS
• 1950 Rover P4 75 Cyclops
Chassis Number | R04301053
Engine Number | 4301081
On Club Plates, not transferrable
Just spent over $5,000 on mechanicals to engine mounts, brakes, carburettors and door trims and rubbers.
Rectangular instruments have been restored with glass, are very readable and look extremely nice.
• Asking $9,300 O.N.O.
I’ve nowhere to store her and much too nice to let her deteriorate.
• Car is located at Brooklyn NSW
• Contact | Jim Mumford | phone | 02 9985 7003 and leave message and number please.
email | [email protected]
FOR SALE – ROVER PARTS
Large selection of Rover P3, P4, P5, P6, SD1, R40 ’75’ & 400/800 Series Parts
• Large selection of P3, P4, P5, P6, SD1, R40’75’ and 400/800 Series parts including panels, trim, and mechanical.
Engines and auto gearboxes also available. Too much to list. Am trying to reduce my holdings and figure some of this stuff may be better off in other people’s sheds, or better still, used for renovating your car!
Items are located near Queanbeyan (Canberra region).
• Contact | Chris | mobile | 0413 996 481
email | [email protected]
BORG WARNER TYPE 35 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
• Borg Warner Type 35 auto transmission complete with filler tube / downshift cable etc.
• Mk3 P5 complete propeller shaft including centre bracket / universal joint / rubber mounts etc.
This transmission and propeller shaft came from a P5 Mk3 which I owned and I can supply you with the chassis no. of the donor vehicle.
The transmission has been stored full of transmission fluid to keep internals happy but it would be good to have it serviced before fitting it to vehicle.
• Price for both | $90
• Contact | Stuart Rigby | mobile | 0431 473 825
email | [email protected]