For Sale and Wanteds
The Rover Owners Club Inc. Classifieds only acts as a venue for sellers to list cars and parts and buyers to purchase cars and parts. We are not involved in any transaction between buyers and sellers. We have no control over the quality, or safety of the items advertised, the accuracy of the ads, the ability of owners to sell items or the ability of buyers to buy items. The advertisement details are based on information supplied by the advertiser and are presented in good faith. While every effort is made to be accurate, we give no undertaking that the details are correct.
Please Note: The Motor Car Trader Regulation 1998 – Regulation 22(4) provides that the following information must be included in every advertisement for the private sale of used cars:
• Cash Price of Vehicle;
• If registered, the registration number;
• If unregistered, the engine number;
• For cars with Club Registration the chassis number must be shown and not the Club Registration Number.
• All Advertisement Listings: Free, no charge
• Scroll down for current listings.
• Click on any photo to open a larger on-screen image. Click your back button to return to the main screen.
• Additional Classifieds information can be found in the current issue of RoverNET, click here | RoverNET
As some assistance to Rover buyers here are Links to other State Rover Club’s classifieds pages:
Rover Car Club of Australia (Victoria & Tasmania): http://rovercarclubaust.asn.au/car-mart/
Rover P4 Drivers Guild: https://roverp4guildaustralia.wordpress.com/
Rover Car Club of South Australia:
FOR SALE | 1948 ROVER P3 75 SIX LIGHT
• 1948 Rover P3 75 Six Light
• Chassis Number | R8412032
• Engine Number | R8412032
• Club Plate Number | 97774H (Not Transferable)
Black roof and guards, green sides, green interior
A nice vehicle owned for the past 40 years which has only done 4,100 miles since restoration in 1986.
Good condition, engine running well. Plenty of spare parts.
Would be happy to sell to another ROC Member.
• Car is located in Greenacre
• Price | sensible offers
• Contact | Arthur Spiliotopolous | Mobile | 0416 268 195
FOR SALE | 1960 ROVER 100
• 1960 Rover 100 for spares or restoration.
Engine runs, overdrive gearbox, working brakes.
Other spare parts available.
Useful source of spares, especially for overdrive gearbox upgrade to your P4.
• Price | $500.
Vehicle located near Canberra.
• Contact Chris | mobile | 0413 996 481
or email | [email protected]
FOR SALE | 1948 ROVER P3 75 SIX LIGHT
• 1948 Rover P3 75 Six Light
• Chassis Number | R8412356
• Engine Number | 8413691NC
• Club Plate Number | 78992H (Not Transferable)
A very comfortable and reliable Rally Car- In very good condition overall.
Restored some years ago and continuously maintained and improved since.
Fitted with P4 Cylinder head and twin SU Carburetors.
Red pin stripe added since photos taken
• Asking Price | $17,950
• Car is located in Bathurst
• Contact | Allan Aylwood | Email | [email protected]
Mobile | 0413 622 597
FOR SALE | 1970 ROVER THREE THOUSAND FIVE P6B
• 1970 Rover Three Thousand Five P6B
• VIN / Chassis Number: 42601063F
• Engine Number: 42516182C
Last registered and driven in 2002 and has been sitting idle since, although it was started a few years later, just in and out of the garage.
There are now a fair few rust spots and I think that will be the biggest time consumer in any restoration.
The mechanics will probably recover fairly quickly in the hands of a competent mechanic.
Best offer will take it away.
It will require a flatbed truck or car trailer to relocate the vehicle.
• Location | Forster NSW 2428.
• Contact | David Chapman | Mobile | 0406 997 718
Email | [email protected]
FOR SALE | 2005 ROVER R40 75 V8 CONNOISSEUR
• 2005 Rover R40 75 V8 Connoisseur
• New South Wales Registration | CL 04 SB
Registered until March 2020
There are only 2 Rover 75 V8s in Australia. Less than 150 were built before MG Rover went into receivership.
This car has about 146,000 km on the clock and is a beautiful metallic Royal Blue in colour. The Rover 75 V8 has a factory fitted Ford Mustang V8 of 4.6 litres pushing it. Unlike the Rover 75 V6, it is rear wheel drive.
The transmission is automatic.
This is probably the only Rover 75 V8 or MG ZT V8 in the world that has had it’s air conditioning system properly sorted. Stuart Ratcliffe of the MG centre did this job for me. Not only has the original poor air conditioning design been sorted out, it also has a new compressor. The heating / air conditioning is as good as it is going to get.
The total amount of money spent on this was about $4,000.
The car has a new alternator and battery.
It is in use at least once a week and sometimes twice. It has always been kept under cover.
A GPS is part of the sound system.
Surprisingly the car handles like a sports car but rides like the luxury car that it is.
The upholstery is in excellent condition and the head lining is new.
There is a paint blemish on the roof. No car is perfect.
I am selling this car with considerable reluctance.
In the 2 1/2 years I have owned this car I have only put about 4,500 km on it. Someone should use it more and use the considerable power it has to offer. It is my hope that this car stays in New South Wales and that a club member buys it who will appreciate it and cherish it. Therefore, the Rover 75 V8 is being advertised in the club magazine first so that members may have a temporary advantage over others who may wish to purchase it.
• Price | $29,000
• Contact | Paul Corey | Phone | 02 9871 7647
FOR SALE – ROVER PARTS
Large selection of Rover P3, P4, P5, P6, SD1, R40 ’75’ & 400/800 Series Parts
• Large selection of P3, P4, P5, P6, SD1, R40’75’ and 400/800 Series parts including panels, trim, and mechanical.
Engines and auto gearboxes also available. Too much to list. Am trying to reduce my holdings and figure some of this stuff may be better off in other people’s sheds, or better still, used for renovating your car!
Items are located near Queanbeyan (Canberra region).
• Contact | Chris | mobile | 0413 996 481
email | [email protected]
FOR SALE | ROVER R40 75 PARTS
Click the image to view on screen
Member Bill Campton is offering his collection of Freewheeling magazines.
They range from the very first edition in 1965 right through to the November/December edition in 2014 and to the best of my knowledge is totally complete. They are bound in hardback three ring folders with a label covering the relevant years.
• Cost | Free, however packaging and shipping would be at the acquirer’s expense.
Bill would be prepared to have them packaged in a sturdy cardboard box and have them shipped by courier.
Hope they may be of interest to some enthusiast.
The magazines are located in Perth, Western Australia
• Contact | Bill Campton | email | [email protected]
or mobile | 0413 085 268