For Sale and Wanted Ads
The Rover Owners Club Inc. Classifieds only acts as a venue for sellers to list cars and parts and buyers to purchase cars and parts. We are not involved in any transaction between buyers and sellers. We have no control over the quality, or safety of the items advertised, the accuracy of the ads, the ability of owners to sell items or the ability of buyers to buy items. The advertisement details are based on information supplied by the advertiser and are presented in good faith. While every effort is made to be accurate, we give no undertaking that the details are correct.
Please Note: The Motor Car Trader Regulation 1998 – Regulation 22(4) provides that the following information must be included in every advertisement for the private sale of used cars:
• Cash Price of Vehicle;
• If registered, the registration number;
• If unregistered, the engine number;
• For cars with Club Registration the chassis number must be shown and not the Club Registration Number.
• All Advertisement Listings: Free, no charge
• Scroll down for current listings.
• Click on any photo to open a larger on-screen image. Click your back button to return to the main screen.
• Additional Classifieds information can be found in the current issue of RoverNET, click here | RoverNET
As some assistance to Rover buyers here are Links to other State Rover Club’s classifieds pages:
Rover Car Club of Australia (Victoria & Tasmania): http://rovercarclubaust.asn.au/car-mart/
Rover P4 Drivers Guild: https://roverp4guildaustralia.wordpress.com/
Rover Car Club of South Australia:
FOR SALE | 1961 ROVER 100
• 1961 Rover 100
• Purchased in Sydney in 1981.
• Serviced by the late Ken Simpson in Mona Vale through the mid 1980’s until the early 1990’s. Ken rebuilt the motor in 1988.
• The car has been fully garaged for 25 years now here at Wardell, NSW just south of Ballina and unregistered for as long with service performed by Lex Cole who specialises in English vehicles.
• My Rover 100 also has a complete spare in the paddock that I bought in Taree around 1998.
• I would like both cars to be sold as a package if possible. My Rover 100 in the garage is complete but needs lots of TLC.
• It has only been driven around the sugar cane farm randomly over the years but lately, not at all.
• VIN/Chassis Number is 650102135
• The car colour is two tone Storm Grey/ Navy Blue and looks brilliant after a wash.
• Price | I would accept offers around $3,000
I am asking a very humble price for these two vehicles as I need the garage space and want my garaged Rover 100 to have a good and moving life again instead of sitting around.
• Contact | Anthony Llewellyn | Phone | 02 6683 4125 anytime, mobile | 0403 372 193 after 3pm please.
FOR SALE | 1954 ROVER 90
• 1954 ROVER P4 90
I would like to offer the vehicle for sale or alternatively I would consider a swap for a 70ish P5 in similar condition.
I have spent a considerable amount of money restoring this vehicle, as it stands there is very little left to do, mechanically sound, no rust and runs beautifully.
Historic service receipts plus recent service history are available.
NSW historical vehicle rego no 85898H, (not transferable)
• Chassis No: 45361983
• Price | sensible offers considered
• Contact | Allan Gaunt | Mobile | 0404 680 152
email | [email protected]
• Car is located at Windsor NSW
FOR SALE | 2010 LAND ROVER FREELANDER 2
• 2010 Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE TD4 | 4WD
Engine: 4 cyl, 2.2L, Turbo diesel
Registered to June 2019
Colour: Baltic Blue (dark blue)
Consumption: 7L / 100km
Registration No: BNL 52V
VIN | SALFA2ABOAH182667
Folding side mirrors
Mudflaps – front & rear
Battery charger (on board)
Log books / service history (typically every 5,000km)
Original 2011 purchase price $65,584 + ORC
• Comment: This vehicle is a well maintained, well optioned, low Km and economical vehicle.
• Asking price | $ 25,000 negotiable
• Contact | Keith Beale | Phone | 02 9747 2925
FOR SALE | 1974 ROVER 3500 AUTOMATIC
• 1974 Rover P6B 3500
Purchased in 1978 from the second owner at 70,602 km
Fitted with tow bar and Trailer brakes power unit.
Continental boot lid fitted.
Hitachi air conditioning.
Lumenition Optronic ignition fitted 1983 at 141,200km.
SD1 Alloy Wheels and good tyres.
Converted from engine driven mechanical fuel pump to dual electric fuel pumps.[main and reserve supplies] in 1984 at 149,974 km
Engine was fully rebuilt in 1988 at 200,000 km
Professionally spray painted in 1989 at 211,400 km
Brakes, drag link, brake booster service and hoses in 2006 at Denis Barr Automotive at 285,900 km.
Log books and receipts available covers most work done.
Rover Repair Operations Manual.
Rover 3500 parts Manual.
Collection of spares including parking light lens and differential gear set, radiator hoses.
No rust, No oil leaks.
Spare Rover V8 engine.
Currently on historic registration (not transferrable)
Has attended many Rover rallies in NSW, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia Rally West in 1982 probably one of a few P6B’s towing a caravan.
This is the end of an era sale; all Rover items must go and are included in the sale price.
• VIN 45303300E | Engine No. 451138680
• Price | Offers around $7,750 will be considered and subject to negotiation.
• Contact | Graham Larmour | Phone | 02 9790 5074 or
email | [email protected]
1933 Rover Speed 20, Hastings Coupe – the last one.
As a few of you may know, I took on this once in a lifetime project from my father (Edward Nixon). In July 2015 I flew to Hahndorf, SA and drove back to Muswellbrook, NSW with what we now know as the last remaining 1933 Rover Speed 20 – Hastings Coupe in tow. From then until now I have slowly chipped away at the restoration of this vehicle, making sure that each part and section was meticulously restored. A list of some of the restoration to date in no particular order is below:
- Chassis sandblasted and professionally painted
- Spoke wheels stripped and painted
- Steering box reconditioned
- Front Rover badge re glassed and fired in the UK
- SU carbies reconditioned and tuned
- Engine running and in good order:
- Dash dials beautifully restored
- Brand new fuel tank modelled from the original
- All chrome parts ‘show chromed’
- Paint stripped from the aluminium body
- Lucas P100 headlights re mirrored and chromed
- Radiator cleaned with thermostat fins now working
- Shock absorbers professionally restored and manufactured
- Window lifters restored and springs realigned
- Brake booster restored in the late 80’s
- Original union joint found in WA, returned and re milled – a story in itself!
- Klaxon horn restored
- All interior wood re stained and ready to go
- Original leather interior can be used to model final trim
- Various missing parts re-milled ready for final fit
- An assumed 95% of parts are with the vehicle
- A report I have written on the history of this car can be viewed on Dropbox here:
or Google Drive here:
The above has so far cost me in excess of $25,000. I have most receipts and proof of purchases.
The restoration has now come to a halt due to financial, time and space restraints. Edward is now in a nursing home as his dementia has taken over his life. The Speed 20 is in a storage locker in Muswellbrook as we do not have any garage space at our new home in Newcastle.
What I am worried about is that all the good work that has been done so far goes to waste. If this vehicle sits around for a few years, some of these restored items may need to be redone. Thus we need to keep the momentum of this restoration going.
I am looking for somebody keen to purchase this amazing vehicle and finish the project. I don’t want to see this project stall as it is such an important and exciting historic vehicle.
I am more than happy for interested parties to view the vehicle. Photos showing the current state of the car as well as some of the restoration to date are seen in my report.
• Please contact me (Chris Nixon) on 0438 388 717 or email [email protected] for further information.
• Looking for $70,000 or near offer. Hoping to keep it in Australia but will look at the Worldwide market if no interest here. You will not find another one!
FOR SALE – ROVER PARTS
Large selection of Rover P3, P4, P5, P6, SD1, R40 ’75’ & 400/800 Series Parts
• Large selection of P3, P4, P5, P6, SD1, R40’75’ and 400/800 Series parts including panels, trim, and mechanical.
Engines and auto gearboxes also available. Too much to list. Am trying to reduce my holdings and figure some of this stuff may be better off in other people’s sheds, or better still, used for renovating your car!
Items are located near Queanbeyan (Canberra region).
• Contact | Chris | mobile | 0413 996 481
email | [email protected]